Monday, January 25, 2010

Not My Daughter

Barbara Delinksy has written some great fiction, so it is no surprise that Not My Daughter follows suit. Not My Daughter is told from the point of view of a mother and daughter who are dealing with teenage pregnancy. Three best friends have made a pact to get pregnant and have and raise their babies together. They do not realize what kind of trouble this will cause for everyone else. Best friends, moms, daughters, fathers, grandparents and coworkers find themselves at odds with each other when they should be helping one another. The story gathers complexity when two crises occur.

This was a wonderful book to listen to. The narrator was wonderful at conveying the feelings of the characters. I found myself laughing and smiling, and sometimes had tears in my eyes.  Barbara Delinsky has done an incredible job yet again.

-Denika

Note: In addition to the audiobook, the Library owns a standard print and large print copy of Not My Daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment