Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Christmas List

Last week I listened to the unabridged audio book The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans. It has taken me a week to wrap my mind around it enough to be able write a review. I had my doubts about this book at first because after listening to the first couple of chapters, I had it written off as another spoof off of the Dickens classic A Christmas Carol, but I urged myself to read on.

The Christmas List begins with a man who is mistakenly listed as dead in the newspaper and online. Through comments made online he discovers -- much like Scrooge -- that he not well regarded, even by his so-called best friend of years. As the story moves on, he strives to change his ways and the negative perceptions that others have of him. He asks his assistant to compile a list of people he has wronged in his life. At first it is a means of making him feel better about himself, but it takes a turn that not even he expects.

This book can truly alter the way you think, act, and perceive things. In my opinion, everyone has a “Christmas List,” and maybe during the Holiday Season we should all compile such a list and act on it. It could make a difference in your life and the life of others you hold near and dear to your heart.

-Denika

No comments:

Post a Comment